Italo Disco is a musical current created in Italy at the end of the 70s and based on a clever mix of disco rhythms mixed with New-Wave sounds.
Current which will produce a significant number of tubes in the 80's many of which are considered today as "cult".
Three streams are to be distinguished :
• The "pure" Italo Disco. This current comes from studios based in cities like Florence, Milan, Rimini or Rome
• The Italo Disco "derivative" German version. This current called Euro Disco originates from Germany or Switzerland
• The Hispanic "derivative" Italo Disco. This current which is called Sonido Sabadell originates from Spain
Two sub-currents are to be distinguished within these 3 main currents :
• The first with fast tempo (equivalent to the American Hi-NRG)
• The second with moderate tempo (also called Sleaze-Energy)
Often described as the founding base of the Dance currents which will see the light of day in the 90s, its planetary influence will last approximately 8 years, from 1980 to 1988 with a domination without almost shared between 1984 and 1985.
At the end of its period of hegemony, that is to say at the end of the 80s, the Italo Disco will be gradually replaced by a new current called Italo Dance.
To discover or rediscover.
Discography (among others ...) :
Baby's Gang – Challenger 1985
Humphrey Robertson – Love in your eyes 1988
Primero – Oh que calor 1987
Jules – I want to 1985
Joy – Lost in Hong-Kong 1985
Savage – I’m losing you 1988
1985...Forza Italia !
1988...qualité Suisse certifiée !
1987...vervaardigd in de Nederland !
1985...Viva España !
1985...österreichische Qualität !
1988...Forza Italia !
WebRadio RadioItaloPower :